The LNF staff can count on more than 350 people, divided in:
- Director’s office
- Accelerator Division: it relies upon engineers, researchers and technicians devoted to study and operate on the accelerators; it also involves the respective internal support services.
- Research Division: it involves researchers, engineers and technicians who work on the experiments. It disposes of services of electronics and tech support to the experiments, the Computing Center, the Scientific Documentation and Information Service and the Advanced Training and External Funding Service.
- Technical Division: it ensures the basic and logistic support to the LNF activities. Its activities include plant design, management of the electric station and storehouse, general services. The engineering workshop and mechanic design are also managed by this Division.
- Administration Service and Directorate Office: they deal with management, accounting and Human Resources.
- Personnel Service
- Health Physics and Occupational Medicine Service
- Health and Safety Dervice
Besides the staff, LNF also relies on host and associate personnel (about 500): students, doctoral candidates, as well as researchers from other Italian and international Institutions, who take part in the LNF activities.